TEMPLE ZION BAPTIST CHURCH HISTORY

 

Temple Zion Baptist Church was founded in 1905.  The initial services were held in a brush arbor.  Then, a small frame schoolhouse for colored children was made available to the members until they were able to construct their own building.  Brother William Hatten generously donated land for the construction of the church.  The site of the original church was located off highway #215, and the first edifice was completed in 1916. Special recognition was given to Rev. Henry Tidwell, Deacons George Ransom, Benny Pickett, Oscar Singleton, Frank Gordon, John Brown, and George Watkins for their diligence and devotion during this developmental phase. more...